St. Aloysius Academy Montessori at the Clockhouse strives to create a supportive and caring environment so that each child may grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
- Small class size
- Daily religious instruction
- Certified Montessori teachers
- Sponsored and staffed by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Language, math, attention to gross and fine motor skills taught using Montessori methods
- Supervised child care until 6 p.m.
- 25+ years of teaching experience
- Opportunities for parent involvement
Maria Montessori maintained that a more profound impression of life is gained through movement than by simply using visual or auditory aids. Voluntary repetition of movement is of the utmost importance for mental development. Children feel a sense of calm and repose in the Montessori atmosphere because everything has its proper place. Children are free to choose and complete a task on their own. Over a three-year period, teachers guide the children in the proper use of each set of learning materials, then leave them free to work and discover. The learning materials include practical life, sensorial, language, and math skills.
The Clockhouse Montessori accepts children between the ages of 2-1/2 and 5 years old. Following the educational theory of Maria Montessori, children are grouped with mixed ages so they can interact and learn from one another.
Morning Sessions -- Children from 2-1/2 to 4 years of age
- Three days per week
- Five days per week
- Other options are negotiable
- Classes begin at 9 A.M. and end at 12 P.M.
Full Day Session for five year-olds only
Before and After School Care Program:
- Classes are held five days per week
- Children must be five years old by September 1st of entrance year
- Classes begin at 9 A.M. and end at 3 P.M.
- The afternoon session places emphasis on math, language and writing skills. Additionally, children receive formal instruction in music, art, library science, technology and an introduction to the Spanish and Mandarin languages.
- Available beginning at 7:30 A.M. for children of all sessions
- After school care is available for children in the morning session from 12 P.M. -- 6 P.M. and for children in the full day session from 3 P.M. -- 6 P.M.
- Attendance in the Extended Day Program is flexible. Parents may request the service as needed on a daily or weekly basis.
For an application or to speak with our Admissions Director about our program, Sister Maryann Weidner, you may call her at 610-525-1670, email her firstname.lastname@example.org
or download the application below. We truly look forward to hearing from you and learning about your child.