Today was quite a change in the weather. I hope you were able to stay at home and sip coffee or hot chocolate and listen to the howling wind from the comfort of your living room.
Below you will find some information and reminders to help you plan for the days ahead.
Be assured of my prayers for you and your family.
- If you plan on attending the Charism Mass at Villa Maria on January 27, I would ask you to complete the google form that was emailed on Wednesday.
- Our Book Fair will be held during Catholic Schools Week (January 28-31). An email with information was sent to all families.
- A google form was sent to all families to ask if you will be attending the Parent Breakfast on Tuesday, January 29, from 7:30 -9:00 in KDH. If you will be attending I ask that you respond by Thursday, January 24.
- On Thursday, January 31, there will be a sports dress day. The boys may wear their favorite sports jersey or St. Aloysius spirit wear.
- On Friday, February 1, the teachers will be attending a Professional Development Day at Saint Aloysius. The boys will not have school on February 1.
- Last week we had a number of boys out of school because of illness. There was 1 confirmed case of the flu and 1 confirmed case of pneumonia.
Below you will find the policy for returning to school after an illness
In order to improve your son’s health, to increase daily attendance at school, and to decrease the rate of infection to students and faculty, here are a few guidelines to follow when your son has been ill.
- Fever—a student may return to school when he has been without fever for 24 hours. This means without taking medication such as Tylenol, Aspirin, Motrin, etc.
- Vomiting and Diarrhea— a student should be free of symptoms for 24 hours and be able to hold down soft foods and liquids.
- Strep Throat—a student may only return to school when he has taken an antibiotic for 24-48 hours and remains without a fever for 24 hours.