Dear Parents, This week there will be extended hours for the school store. Also, there…
Principal’s Update 1/1
Dear Parents and Faculty,
Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a relaxing Christmas vacation and a Happy New Year. You and your family were very especially remembered in my prayers.
Below you will find some information and reminders to help you plan for the days ahead.
- Tuesday, January 3, the students and faculty will return to school. The temperatures will be more like April than January, but we all know winter weather is around the corner.
- Thank you for your generous donations for One Warm Coat Foundation. We were able to donate 89 coats. Your thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated.
- Special thank you to Mrs. Beatty, Mrs. Donaher, Ms. Gailey, Mr. Maresca, and Mrs. Snyder for their assistance with the Christmas Reflection. All the boys did a wonderful job sharing the story of the birth of Jesus. The beautiful voices of the choirs added to the specialness of the Reflection.
- Save the date- On Sunday, January 29, Saint Aloysius Academy will celebrate mass with Villa Maria Lower School at Villa Maria House of Studies, Malvern PA. This mass celebrates the beginning of Catholic Schools Week as our Academies are united in the IHM Charism of Love, Creative Hope, and Fidelity. All are invited. Additional information will be emailed later.
- At our Back-to-School meeting I mentioned a group of educational professionals who would be visiting our Academy and offering us a diagnostic tool specifically to identify strengths, best practices, concerns and opportunities with regards to overall “school operations.”. This assessment is also designed to set the stage for future planning, enrollment growth, financial vitality, and enhancement of the image of our Academy. To prepare for this assessment Partners in Mission requested materials which documented 60 areas. All the information (350 pages of documentation) was sent to Partners in Mission and shared with the visiting team of educators. Last week I received notification from Partners in Mission that they will be visiting us on February 15 and 16. All additional information will be shared once I receive an agenda of the visit. This is an exciting time for our Academy and I look forward to welcoming Steven Virgadamo and his team to Saint Aloysius Academy.