Dear Parents and Faculty, Below you will find information and reminders to help you plan…
Principal’s Update 3/5
Dear Parents and Faculty,
As we enter this 2nd week of lent let us remember in our prayers all those in our school community who need our prayer support.
Be assured of my daily prayer for you and your family.
- On Monday, February 27 Andrew (Drew) Birkhead joined the Class of 2026 (Grade 5). We are very happy to welcome the Birkhead Family to our school community. It was great to see you at the Father Son Communion Breakfast. Be assured of our prayers for you as you begin your journey at Saint Aloysius Academy. Welcome to Saint Aloysius Academy!
- I want to thank Mrs. Gauna, Mrs. Nolan, and Mrs. Vielhauer for all their work and effort for the Father Son Communion Breakfast. There were approximately 180 dads, sons, grandfathers, and uncles who attended this event. Father David Friel celebrated our liturgy and Mr. Sean Bellew, Class of 1986 was our guest speaker. Sean Bellew is the father of Aidan, Class of 2019, Patrick and Brady, Class of 2021, and Quinn Class of 2023. Mr. Bellew shared the importance of brotherhood and being a man for others. Mr. Bellew also stressed the idea of never taking for granted what you have at Saint Aloysius Academy. He encouraged all the dads to walk up the hill with their sons to appreciate the beauty of the campus and the impact Saint Aloysius has in their life. Thank you, Mr. Bellew for sharing your experience as an alum and father of students at Saint Aloysius Academy. Your message made a great impact on our boys! It was a true Saint Aloysius community event. I am grateful to all who were present at mass and breakfast.
- Terra Nova Testing for Grades 1-7 will take place on March 6- 10. Please make sure the boys get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast. It is important all boys arrive to school on time. Enjoy a little break from homework, quizzes, and tests.
- Wednesday, March 8 the Leadership Council is sponsoring a night at Freddy’s (Broomall). A flyer is enclosed.
- Next weekend we need to turn our clocks ahead one hour! Daylight Saving Time begins!
- On Saturday, March 11, our boys in Grade 2 will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Please keep our boys, their parents, and Mrs. Quinn in your prayers during this important week of preparation.
- Special thanks to all who supported the Read for the House Program for the Ronald McDonald House. We raised over $1000.00 for this worthy cause. Thank you to Mrs. Snyder for organizing this endeavor.
- Our Spring and Easter break will begin on Monday, March 27. The students will return to school on Tuesday, April 11.
- Very shortly, the school calendar for the 2023-2024 school year will be emailed to you.
- Save the date- Thursday, May 11 we will have our 2nd Fine Arts Festival. More information to follow