Dear Parents and Faculty, I hope you had the opportunity to rest and relax during…
Principal’s Update 5/21
Dear Parents and Faculty,
During this month of May, please take the opportunity to pray the rosary more frequently and ask Our Blessed Mother to intercede with her Son for the intentions of our school community and all those in need.
Be assured of my continued prayers for you and your family.
- After weeks of interviews, I am pleased to announce Mr. Chris Chalmers has been hired as Director of Facilities and will be joining Saint Aloysius Academy. Mr. Chalmers has worked at Camilla Hall for the past twenty-three years as Director of Facilities and Maintenance Foreman. Mr. Chalmers is excited about this new journey and he looks forward to meeting all in our community. Mr. Chalmers will be working closely with Tim Smythe for the next few weeks and will assume the role of Director of Facilities on June 8. I am grateful to Tim Smythe for all he will share with Mr. Chalmers. Tim Smythe has a wealth of information to share and thankfully there will be a few weeks between Mr. Chalmers hiring and Tim Smythe retirement for the two men to work closely together. I know you will all join me in welcoming Chris Chalmers to Saint Aloysius Academy. Wildcat Proud!
- During the next few weeks I will be sharing information from the report received from Partners in Mission. On Tuesday, May 23 Partners in Mission will be meeting with the faculty via Google Meet to review the report and share recommendations. From my phone discussions with Mr. Steven Virgadamo, Chairperson of Partners in Mission, he and the Team noted the passion and commitment to St. Aloysius Academy by all the constituencies interviewed- faculty staff, administration, advisory board, and parents. It was also noted by the Team that the young men at the Academy are most impressive. Human formation is evidenced in character, manner, and hospitality. There is a sense of “Brotherhood.” I am grateful to you for your prayers during this process and I look forward to working with you as we put the recommendations into action.
- Yearbook order form is enclosed.
- Please contact Mr. Paolucci at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a St. Aloysius lawn sign for your home. Your support is appreciated.
- On Thursday, May 25 dismissal will be at noon. This will be our Field Day for Grades K-8. The faculty and staff have a fun-filled day planned for the boys. The Parent Association will sponsor a delicious treat (Rita’s water Ice)for the boys. We will also have pretzels from Philly Pretzel Factory. School will be closed on Friday, May 26- Monday, May 29. Classes resume on Tuesday, May 30.
- Date Change- On Monday, June 5 at 1:30 in KDH will have our Athletic Convocation. On Tuesday, June 6 at 2:15 we will have our Music Convocation. Our Summer Blessing will be held in the gym on Wednesday, June 7 at 1:10.
- Enclosed you will find a copy of the 2023-2024 St. Aloysius calendar.