Dear Parents and Faculty,
Below you will find a few reminders to help you plan for the days ahead.
Many blessings as we begin the celebration of the Advent Season.
You are in my prayers.
- Today, Sunday, December 3, is the First Sunday of Advent and the beginning of the new Liturgical Year in the church.
- Congratulations to all our Bands and Choir Members who participated in our Christmas Concert. The talents, gifts, and dedication of our boys were on display. The musical selections helped us enter this beautiful season of Advent and the preparation for the birth of Jesus. Special thank you to our music directors, Mrs. Beatty, Mr. Norton, and Mr. O’Shea. To see KDH filled with family and friends of our students was a special blessing. I am grateful to you for your presence and support.
- Thank you to all who were able to join us for our Live Nativity. A very special thank you to Mrs. Lynne Ingram and Mrs. Caroline Stansbury for their many hours of work and preparation for our Live Nativity. Congratulations to them, our Parent Association, and all involved for a job well done! The weather was not the best but it did not dampen our spirit and all the farm animals cooperated. All our participants in the Nativity scene were phenomenal. Thank you to Sister Amedeo and all our “crafty” assistance who helped the children with their masterpiece. I am grateful to our maintenance men for all they did behind the scenes to make everything come together. It was a great night! Your presence was greatly appreciated.
- Last week the Class of 2025 participated in a service project with the seventh-grade girls from Sacred Heart Academy. The students prepared over two hundred dinners for the needy. Thank you to all the parents and teachers who generously donated food and supplies.
- Our school wide service project sponsored by the Leadership Council, One Warm Coat, will take place on Monday, December 4- Friday, December 15. All slightly used coats may be brought to school. Coats donated by the Montessori students may be brought to the Clockhouse and will be picked up on a regular basis. Thank you for your assistance with this project. See enclosed flyer.
- Santa Workshop will be held on Wednesday, December 6th, the Feast of Saint Nicholas. See enclosed information.
- On Thursday, December 7 we will have an EAGLES Dress Down Day in preparation for our Sunday’s game against the Cowboys! Go Birds!
- On Friday, December 8, the church celebrates the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. This is a Holy Day of Obligation and the Feast Day of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I would ask you to keep in your prayers all the IHM Sisters who have served at Saint Aloysius Academy. Be assured of our prayers for your family.
- During the week of December 11 the boys will have the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thank you to Sister Mary Anne for working with the priests to make sure the sacrament is available to our students.
- During the week of December 11, the boys will have the opportunity to wear various Christmas items with their uniform. This week I will email a flyer to you.
- Our Christmas vacation will begin on Wednesday, December 20 at noon. There will be no extended day program on December 20. More information to follow.